1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Everything for this decadent and veggie packed quick bread can be done in the food processor - no bowl washing required! Adapted from http://thehungryartist.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/monthly-lego-build-and-double-chocolate-zucchini-bread-with-secret-ingredient/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup about 1 oz fresh spinach, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup demerara sugar
- 150 g dessert style tofu (I used Sunrise Soya Custard Flavour)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder (optional but nummy!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup barley flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 cup large chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8x5" loaf pan.
- 2In a food processor, puree the spinach, oil, banana, applesauce, sugar, tofu and vanilla until smooth.
- 3Add the salt, cinnamon, chili powder and cocoa and puree until smooth.
- 4Pulse in the flours, baking soda and baking powder until just combined, then pulse in the zucchini, chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- 5Scrape into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- 6Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until it tests done.
- 7Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then unmould onto a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 168.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
large chocolate chips