Recipe by Justmez2
From Dr. Gerard Bertolino, who was doing locum tenens back home in Louisiana. My mom didn't eat brownies, but ate his! Now in TN, my family watches the SUGAR, so I substituted Splenda for the sugar. Nothing went to (waist) LOL!, Even the crumbs were gathered and put on top of vanilla ice cream!
- 4 ounces chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar (I use Splenda and cut back to 1 1/2C)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped, put aside 1/2 cup
- 1 (6 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13" x 9" pan.
- Melt the chocolate squares and butter in saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Let cool so Splenda sugar won't get hard and lump and eggs won't cook when added.
- After adding sugar, gradually add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix.
- Stir in the flour gradually.
- Mix until well blended and add 1 cup of chopped nuts.
- Mix and spread into greased pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup nuts and the chocolate chips, spread over the top of the brownie batter.
- Depending on the size you cut to how many or less you'll have, so I'm guessing on servings!