Recipe by FLUFFSTER
These cookies are great for anytime, after school snacks,unexpected company, or just when you'd like a minute for yourself. Recipe is from Diamond walnut package.
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (Diamond)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 of the chocolate chips over hot, boiling water.
- Cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Blend in melted chocolate and egg; beat well.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate pieces and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minute.
- Cool on wire rack.