Recipe by Skip Liston
This is a chocloate lovers delight.
Top Review by Toni H.
I think they are a great starting point. I may add some spice or vanilla next time. The only challenge I had was that they were too moist when I cut them. Had the crispy brownie crust but collapsed when I cut. They still tasted fantastic!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Butter and flour large baking sheet.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. In another bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in nuts and chips.
- On prepared baking sheet, with floured hands, form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake logs for 20 - 25 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool biscotti for 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place biscotti cut side down on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cool biscotti on a rack.