Recipe by Shar-on
I enjoy waffles,and I enjoy chocolate.This recipe I found in "First for Women" magazine several years ago. I have made this recipe but I did not add the miniature chocolate chips. You have to watch that the waffles do not burn.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- whipped cream or fruit or ice cream or chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Melt butter.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Separate egg and beat yolk with milk and vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture and melted butter in to flour mixture until dry ingredients are well-moistened- batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Beat egg white until it holds stiff peaks.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter onto waffle irion using about 1/2 cup for two 4" waffles.
- Bake until crisp and browned.
- Serve with whipped cream and fruit or ice cream and chocolate sauce.