Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I enjoy waffles,and I enjoy chocolate.This recipe I found in "First for Women" magazine several years ago. I have made this recipe but I did not add the miniature chocolate chips. You have to watch that the waffles do not burn.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- whipped cream or fruit or ice cream or chocolate syrup
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Melt butter.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Separate egg and beat yolk with milk and vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture and melted butter in to flour mixture until dry ingredients are well-moistened- batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Beat egg white until it holds stiff peaks.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter onto waffle irion using about 1/2 cup for two 4" waffles.
- Bake until crisp and browned.
- Serve with whipped cream and fruit or ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Soooo good! Thank you! Very chocolatey (If that's a word!)
I made these for breakfast and they were delicious. My whole family ate them up as quick as I could make themI did not add the mini chips as directed, as they were choclate-y enough! My only reason for holding back a star was texture. they turned out more like cake than a waffle. But these will still be on our brunch list, as they were very good!
Just perfect!! and Yummy!! My kids think I'm the best mommy in the world--I live for that!!!!!!!! Thank you for this wonderful morning treat. I followed the directions, except had to use regular chocolate chips. The waffles were so fluffy that regular chips worked perfectly. However, I could not fit 1/2 c. of batter in the iron--I tried though (what a mess). The kids thought it was cool oozing out all over the place. We had a great laugh and a great start on the day.