Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a calendar from Kraft. I made a batch for my son's neurologist and discovered she is a chocoholic. I used almond extract instead of the liqueur in one batch and no flavouring in another. Both batches were good. You can also use crushed candy canes instead of nuts. Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (6 ounce) packagebaker white chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds or 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Microwave cream, white chocolate and liqueur on MED for 2 minutes, stir until chocolate is melted.
- Set aside.
- Microwave 7 squares of semi-sweet chocolate for 3 minutes.
- Line the bottom of an 8" sqaure pan with wax paper.
- Spread the semi-sweet chocolate on the wax paper.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Spread the white mix evenly over the chocolate base.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Melt the last square of chocolate and drizzle over the chocolate layers in the pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
- You can keep these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.