Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I remember these came from a magazine, but I cannot remember which one. These are not too sweet.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In heavy saucepan over very low heat melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth and cool slightly.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients except powdered sugar.
- Stir in remaining chocolate pieces.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar, coating heavily.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.