Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
To die for! From the book Delicious Pastries. Resting period of 8 hours not included in prep time.
- 1064.65 ml white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7.08 g active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml superfine sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 88.74 ml butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg, beaten, for glazing
- 295.73 ml milk
- oil, for greasing
- 88.74 ml chocolate hazelnut spread
- 198.44 g milk chocolate, chopped
- FOR THE PASTRY:.
- Mix together the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk the 2 eggs and milk in then pour into the flour mixture and mix well to form the dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth. Put dough in a large floured bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make the buns take the dough from the bowl and punch down. Preheat the oven to 425° and lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Spread each rectangle with the chocolate hazelnut spread and scatter with the chopped chocolate. Roll from the long edges and cut into 6 pieces. Place each swirl, cut side down, the the baking sheets and brush each with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and serve warm.
VERY NICE TASTING, especially with the hazelnut spread, which was something I'd never used before! Really enjoyed these trreats, & although I shared with some neighbors, I'll be making these again! Had toyed with the idea of adding a bit of cocoa to the pastry, for a triple-chocolate hit, & might just do that another time! Bus, as is, this is a GREAT PASTRY TREAT! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed while touring Canada on the Zaar World Tour 4]