1/1 Photo of Double-Chocolate Swirls
Julie B's Hive's Note:
To die for! From the book Delicious Pastries. Resting period of 8 hours not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg, beaten, for glazing
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- oil, for greasing
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 7 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1FOR THE PASTRY:.
- 2Mix together the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 3Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk the 2 eggs and milk in then pour into the flour mixture and mix well to form the dough.
- 4Turn out onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth. Put dough in a large floured bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for 8 hours or overnight.
- 5To make the buns take the dough from the bowl and punch down. Preheat the oven to 425° and lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
- 6Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Spread each rectangle with the chocolate hazelnut spread and scatter with the chopped chocolate. Roll from the long edges and cut into 6 pieces. Place each swirl, cut side down, the the baking sheets and brush each with the beaten egg.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Chocolate Swirls
Serving Size: 1 (1525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 92.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g