Recipe by Sharon123
Easy and delicious, slice them open to reveal the goodness of chocolate and almonds! Adapted from All The Best The Pampered Chef.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Oh wow! This is fantastic! It was very easy to make and looks like you slaved away on it. I especially liked not having to melt the white chips, as I have a habit of burning them. It really had a nice bread flavor, and not just a sweet, but the sweetness comes through from the chocolate. I will make this again. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, chopped (or you may use all semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 (11 ounce) packagesrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, grated, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- additional sliced almonds (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- For bread:.
- Lightly spray 4 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate chips; place in a bowl.
- Unroll one package of the bread dough on a lightly floured surfaace. Do Not Stretch.
- Lightly beat the egg white and water in a small bowl. Brush the dough with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate half of the chocoate chips evenly over the dough(I chop them in the food processor). Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture: roll lightly with a rolling pin, pressing mixture into the dough.
- Unroll the remaining package of bread dough directly over the first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal.
- Brush dough lightly with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate the remaining chocolate chips over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly with rolling pin.
- Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; pinch edge to seal. Slice roll into four equal portions; place seam side down in mini pan. Make a deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg white mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.
- For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave proof bowl. Place in microwave, uncovered on high 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with additional almonds or chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy!