Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and delicious, slice them open to reveal the goodness of chocolate and almonds! Adapted from All The Best The Pampered Chef.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, chopped (or you may use all semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 (11 ounce) packagesrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, grated, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- additional sliced almonds (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- For bread:.
- Lightly spray 4 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate chips; place in a bowl.
- Unroll one package of the bread dough on a lightly floured surfaace. Do Not Stretch.
- Lightly beat the egg white and water in a small bowl. Brush the dough with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate half of the chocoate chips evenly over the dough(I chop them in the food processor). Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture: roll lightly with a rolling pin, pressing mixture into the dough.
- Unroll the remaining package of bread dough directly over the first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal.
- Brush dough lightly with a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate the remaining chocolate chips over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly with rolling pin.
- Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; pinch edge to seal. Slice roll into four equal portions; place seam side down in mini pan. Make a deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg white mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.
- For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave proof bowl. Place in microwave, uncovered on high 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with additional almonds or chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy!
Oh wow! This is fantastic! It was very easy to make and looks like you slaved away on it. I especially liked not having to melt the white chips, as I have a habit of burning them. It really had a nice bread flavor, and not just a sweet, but the sweetness comes through from the chocolate. I will make this again. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
I couldn't get refrigerated bread dough where I live so, with permission, I used frozen bread dough. It took a couple of tries to get it right. What finally worked was to allow the bread to thaw, rise and then roll it out After that I followed the recipe as written. This is a delicious sweet bread (but not too sweet). I loved the chocolate flavour. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
Sharon - oh my goodness! I don't even know how to describe this bread! Fabulous - delicious - extraordinary! I used the combo of both white chocolate and semi-sweet - nice blend of flavors. Your directions are spot on! Very easy to follow. I did top with chopped almonds for a special flair after I glazed the loaves. Thanks Sharon for a keeper! Tagged in Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.