Recipe by PSU Lioness
Yet again, not sure where I found this recipe and I have not tried it yet. It sounds delicious so if anyone tries it and has any advice, please let me know.
Top Review by KCShell
This is a Pampered Chef recipe that I used to demonstrate at my shows. I am soooo glad you posted it because I have been wanting to make it again. When you look at the french loaf dough, it doesn't seem like it would go with chocolate and white chips but make no mistake, this is fabulous bread. The biggest deal is chopping the nuts and chips. I have made several batches before and wrapped them in colored cellophane and a fancy bow and given them as Christmas gifts to teachers.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 (11 ounce) packages French bread dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, grated, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- additional chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- For bread, lightly spray mini loaf pan w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- Coarsley chop almonds and 1/2 Celsius white chocolate chips; place in medium bowl; set aside.
- Unroll one package of the bread dough on lightly floured surface; do not stretch.
- Lightly beat egg white and water in a small bowl; brush over dough.
- Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle w/ almond/white chocolate mixture; roll lightly w/ rolling pin, pressing mixture into the dough.
- Unroll remaining package of bread dough directly over first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal.
- Brush dough lightly w/ a portion of the egg white mixture.
- Grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough and sprinkle w/ remaining almond/white chocolate mixture; roll lightly w/ rolling pin.
- Starting at narrow edge, rol dough up tightly; pinch edges to seal.
- Slice roll into four equal portions; place seam side down in loaf pans.
- Make a deep cut down the length of each loaf w/out cutting through the ends.
- Brush loaves w/ remaining egg whites.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan; cool completely.
- To make drizzle, melt 1/2 c white chocolate chips and 1 tsp vegetable oil in saucepan and drizzle over tops of bread. Sprinkle w/ remaining almonds and chocolate chips.