Found this on an old index card and not really sure who gave it to me, so cannot honestly give credit where credit is due, but these brownies are a nice change from the normal brownie and I hope you like them as well as I did.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces nestle unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- For brownies:.
- Cream butter& sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, continuing to mix well Add vanilla Mix in the baking powder, salt and melted chocolate, stirring well.
- Slowly add the flour, then fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and pour remaining mixture into 9 X 9 square pan. Use Pam or parchment paper to line pan, for easier removal.
- Whip the cream cheese and butter together.
- Gradually add the sugar, mixing together well.
- Add the egg, vanilla and then the flour mixing well Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mix in the pan.
- Take the 1 cup of the reserve brownie mix and drop by spoonfulls over the cream cheese mixture and swirl slightly to"marble" the brownies.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let brownies cool and cut into squares to enjoy!