Recipe by A Messy Cook
This is a soft, delicious cookie full of wonderful chocolate flavor. Prep time is an estimate...
Top Review by delyanbaggins
These are wonderful cookies! I made them for some friends and nearly all of them were eaten up! I made them exactly as the recipe says, except that after they had cooked, I sprinkled some extra powdered sugar on. These are definitely a keeper, and I can't wait to make again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar to creamed butter, beating well; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips; cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Shape 1 T dough into ball and roll in powdered sugar, repeating with each cookie.
- Bake cookies (on pan lined with parchment paper) at 350° for 10 minutes, and remove to rack to cool.