Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from the Betty Crocker cookbook. Its egg free, and can be mixed right in the pan!
Make and share this Double Chocolate Snack Cake #2 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour (do not use self rising)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional, to dust cake)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, brown sugar,cocoa, baking soda and salt with a fork in an ungreased 8x8x2in.
- pan (square of course!).
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool in pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
This is great. Made it for a co-worker who is allergic to eggs and the entire staff loved it. Made it again for my hubby's bday and it was a hit. Now I'm on the third make in 2 months and it's so simple to make and clean up and tastes GREAT. I even replaced the oil with unsweetened applesause to make it "fat free" and still delicious! ENJOY!!
OMG. This is the best chocolate cake recipe ever! I made it into muffins and they were superb. Can't believe no milk or eggs.... kids loved it, hubby loved it... I reckon co-workers are going to absolutely love it, too!
I mixed this in the pan as suggested. I used 1 teaspoon of orange extract for the vanilla and added a tablespoon of orange zest. The cake is very chocolate, moist and transports easy. Took it to work and everyone enjoyed. This is definately a repeat. Thanks!