Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great Gift Idea! Check out all the "in the jar" recipes i have listed!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup candy covered plain chocolate candies
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, layer the ingredients inthe order given.
- Lightly pack down the jar after each addition.
- Attach a card with the following instructions: 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Empty the entire contents of the jar into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 large egg and 1/4 cup of margarine melted; mix well.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Had to try this recipe before I made and gave this as a gift. The cookies were yummy. The jars look great, colorful and lots of texture. I think my friends will like them.