Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Great oatmeal based cookies with cocoa and chocolate chips! Cooking time is based on cooking a dozen at a time....if you have a bigger cookie sheet or cook on two racks, reduce the cooking time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add the egg, beating well.
- Combine the flour, soda, salt, and cocoa; stir well. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the water, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add oats and chocolate morsels; stirring well to combine.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on the cookie sheets, then transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
My daughter; the baker in my house made these last night and we found them to be absolutely delicious! She used dark chocolate chips, which together with the oats make for a semi-healthy treat! She used the large Pampered Chef cookie scoop, and baked the cookie for 17 minutes to perfection. We will definitely make these again!