1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from "Homemade for the Holidays." This version is unique in that it calls for crushed chocolate cookies as the base. If you like, serve these garnished with some fresh raspberries on top and a sprig of mint. These are rich and so addicting. They are a rather flat - they will be tall and puffy when they come out of the oven, with oozing craters of jam. However, when cooled they wil only be about 1/2"-1" tall - this is normal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 32 crisp chocolate cookies, finely crushed (2" in diameter)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine butter and crushed cookies for crust and press into the bottom only of a lightly greased 9x13" pan.
- 3Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is set.
- 4Meanwhile,using a mixer, combine sugar and cream cheese until very smooth& fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as needed, 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add sour cream and vanilla and beat another 1-2 minutes, scraping bowl again as needed, until mixed.
- 7Measure out 1 cup of the filling and add melted chocolate, stirring well until blended.
- 8Pour remaining white batter onto crust.
- 9Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter all over the surface of the white batter layer randomly.
- 10Heat jam in microwave just until warm, about 30-60 seconds; drop spoonfuls of jam over the batter randomly.
- 11Hold a dinner knife vertically and pull through batter in a zig zag pattern from one end of the pan to the other to create a somewhat marbled appearance (without overswirling).
- 12Bake 50-55 minutes or until center of cheesecake jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken; DO NOT OVERBAKE or it will dry out.
- 13Cool in pan on wire rack completely (it may crack a bit on top as it cools- this is normal).
- 14Once cooled to room temperature, cover and chill up to 1 day.
- 15Cut into 16 large squares (or 32 small ones) and serve garnished as desired; keep leftovers chilled.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g