Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son suddenly decided one day that he didn't like drinking hot cocoa. I had some mix leftover, so these are what I made. I used salted butter; if you use unsalted you may want to add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered cocoa mix (the presweetened kind)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin puree (I used my own, but canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease 15 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Beat in cocoa mix.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in pumpkin and vanilla until well-blended.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- These can be frosted or served plain or dusted with powdered sugar.
Made these the other day for our mobile home park's refreshments get-together (actually their coffee hour, but since I don't drink the stuff . . .)! I thought they were great, my other half thought them OK, & our park neighbors devoured the rest of them, so there you go ~ 5 stars! [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #37]