Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grandkids love these!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and dry pudding mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts. Drop dough by heaping tspfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375* about 10 minutes, or until set.do not overbake.
- Transfer to racks to cool completely immediately.
I have this same recipe and they are so good. They are soft, chewy and just plain good. For people who have not had them they should try them. The batter is pretty stiff but don't be alarmed they will turn out great!