- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and dry pudding mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts. Drop dough by heaping tspfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375* about 10 minutes, or until set.do not overbake.
- Transfer to racks to cool completely immediately.