Recipe by Bev
There's nothing like homemade chocolate pudding! This recipe is just as easy as packaged, but twice as rich and flavorful! Prep time includes time to cool in the freezer.
Top Review by dayla
This pudding is terrific!!! My husband was reminded of a pudding his Grandmother used to make. It was rich and creamy and oh-so tasty. Thank you Bev, this will be made again and again in our house.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 ounce bittersweet chocolate or 1⁄2 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped (not unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in heavy saucepan.
- Gradually add half of milk, whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in remaining milk.
- Continue whisking over medium heat until pudding thickens and comes to boil, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to boil 1 minute longer, whisking constantly.
- Remove pudding from heat.
- Add chocolate and vanilla, whisk until chocolate melts and pudding is smooth.
- Divide between 2 dessert dishes.
- Cool puddings in freezer 20 minutes and serve.