Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came with my Giant Cupcake Pan
Make and share this Double Chocolate Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup min semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour the pan. In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in water; stir in cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix well. Combine cocoa mixture and sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating after each addition until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon 4 1/2 cups batter into top of cupcake pan. Spoon remaining batter into bottom of pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake onto wire rack to cool completely. To assemble cupcake, ice top of bottom half. Place top half atop iced bottom half. Decorate as desired.