Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a different brownie recipe that DH came across today. I tried them out tonight. They have a really different texture. Not dense and fudgy, but not really cake-like either. And not overly sweet either. If you are open to something unexpected, then these are worth a try. I've tried using applesauce substitution to reduce fat, but without much success, unfortunately.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together, then cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in mashed potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in flour until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top if firm when lightly touched.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares to serve.