Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I first clipped this recipe, but it has served me well for a long time. This was my children's favorite brownie when they were little. The recipe makes a large batch, but they'll be eaten quickly! If you do have some leftovers, they can be frozen. They also are very rich. Have a tall glass of cold milk nearby! I prefer milk chocolate chips, but semisweet work, too.
- Combine the melted butter and cocoa.
- Add sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla until well combines.
- Fold the flour into the mixture.
- Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased and floured half-sheet or bun pan (12 1/2 inch by 17 1/2 inch by 1 inch pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan half turn.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center with only a little bit of melted chocolate on it.
- Cool completely before cutting.