Prep 10 mins
Cook 37 mins
Absolutely delicious and easy to make. Can make substitutions or leave it as is...yummy!
Make and share this Double Chocolate Pecan Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar using an electric whisk.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until fluffy and pale (1 min).
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold this in to combine.
- Then fold in the toasted nuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and turn each one out onto a floured surface and roll each half into a log and patting down slightly to form the dough to approximately 2 inches wide by 14 inches long by 1 1/2 inches high.
- Place each log on to the prepared baking sheet several inches apart.