1/2 Photos of Double Chocolate Pecan Biscotti
Absolutely delicious and easy to make. Can make substitutions or leave it as is...yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar using an electric whisk.
- 3Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until fluffy and pale (1 min).
- 4Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold this in to combine.
- 5Then fold in the toasted nuts and chocolate chips.
- 6Divide the dough in half and turn each one out onto a floured surface and roll each half into a log and patting down slightly to form the dough to approximately 2 inches wide by 14 inches long by 1 1/2 inches high.
- 7Place each log on to the prepared baking sheet several inches apart.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Pecan Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g