Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmm. This is a yummy combination of two of my favorite things, peanut butter and chocolate. This is an easy refrigerator cookie that takes very little time to make. Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped coarse
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and peanut butter; beat in eggs.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well with creamed mixture.
- On piece of waxed paper, form dough into a 2-inch diameter log.
- Chill, wrapped in waxed paper and foil, for 2 hours.
- Cut the log into 1/4-inch slices and bake 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
These were very chocolatey, tasty cookies. The texture was great, too. I just found that the pb flavour was barely noticeable.
These were very good cookies!! We all really enjoyed them. I used 2 4 oz Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars that I chopped up. Thanks for posting Karen