1/2 Photos of Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1 hr 5 mins
A friend copied this recipe from a cookbook about 10 years ago for me. I have made this recipe for Christmas every year since then. It is a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- 3Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 4Add oats, flour and salt.
- 5Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- 6Stir in chips.
- 7Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 10-14 minutes or until set.
- 9Immediately press peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie, reforming circular shape if edges crumble a bit.
- 10Let cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
- 11Cool completely before storing. Speed this up by transferring to refrigerator for 20 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g