Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These guys are lethal!!!!
Make and share this Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, coarse chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 cup unsalted butter, 1c
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips, 2c
- 24 -30 whole peanuts
- Preheat oven 300°F.
- In double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, (or microwave), melt semisweet chocolate.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together sugars.
- Add butter and beat until well combined.
- Add peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until just combined.
- Add flour mixture and milk chocolate chips; beat until no streaks of flour are visible.
- Pour in melted chocolate; mix partially with a wooden spoon until marbled.
- Drop dough in 3 T mounds, 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Top with one whole peanut.
- Bake 23 minutes or until just set but still soft.
- Cool on cookie sheet 30 seconds, then transfer to wire rack.
These cookies got the US Navy seal of approval.Okay,maybe not officially,but I made them and sent them to my son,he said everyone on his barracks floor was coming in asking him him if they could have one.His roommates said,'send more Mom,they are the bomb'I guess that is a good thing! They were delicious,and pretty too!
They were not chewy or crunchy, sort of a tender buttery crisp texture. i made them with jif natural which was maybe a little too oily. also i put it reeces pieces instead of chips. Quite Delicious.
After reading all of the positive reviews, I was very excited to make these- but my enthusiasm faded when they did not meet my expectations. They were OK, but I must continue my search for the perfect chocolate/peanut butter cookie =(