Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "The Best Slowcooker Cookbook Ever". This sounds absolutely great! The title of the recipe makes me think of those chocolate oranges that you find in stores.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- whipped cream or chocolate ice cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, 3 T cocoa, baking powder, and the salt until well blended.
- Stir in the milk, butter, orange zest, and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Turn the batter into a 3 and 1/2 quart electric slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar and remaining 1/4 c cocoa until well blended.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Gently pour the water evenly over all.
- Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting about 1 and 3/4 to 2 hours or until a tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- (Do not cook on the low heat setting for a longer time.).
- Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with whipped cream.