Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From "The Best Slowcooker Cookbook Ever". This sounds absolutely great! The title of the recipe makes me think of those chocolate oranges that you find in stores.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- whipped cream or chocolate ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, 3 T cocoa, baking powder, and the salt until well blended.
- Stir in the milk, butter, orange zest, and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Turn the batter into a 3 and 1/2 quart electric slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar and remaining 1/4 c cocoa until well blended.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Gently pour the water evenly over all.
- Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting about 1 and 3/4 to 2 hours or until a tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- (Do not cook on the low heat setting for a longer time.).
- Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with whipped cream.