1/5 Photos of Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream (Paula Deen)
1 hr 10 mins
I saw this a month or so ago on Paula's Party and had to try it. Our family has found their new favorite ice cream! It is chocolate overload, so only for a true chocoholic!! :D This was made in individual containers on the show, but I made a whole dessert using a whole quart of ice cream and layered in a bowl and ended up only using about 1/2 of the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cookie crumbs, your choice
- nuts, preferably pecans
- hot fudge
Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 13x9 pan.
- 2In large bol, combine cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 T. (1/2 cup) melted butter, and stir until well blended. Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- 3In stand mixer or with hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs and cocoa powder. Lower the speed of the mixer, and add the powdered sugar. Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed. Slowly add the remaining 8 T. (1/2 cup) of melted butter and vanilla. Continue to beat the mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- 4Bake for 40-50 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.
- 5Let cake cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- 6Place scoops of ice cream interchangeably with brownie bites, cookie crumbs, nuts, and fudge. Mix together. (I didn't mix but just scooped out!) :D.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.8
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 510.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g