I saw this a month or so ago on Paula's Party and had to try it. Our family has found their new favorite ice cream! It is chocolate overload, so only for a true chocoholic!! :D This was made in individual containers on the show, but I made a whole dessert using a whole quart of ice cream and layered in a bowl and ended up only using about 1/2 of the cake.
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream (We have used Triple Chocolate Ice Cream)
- cookie crumbs, your choice
- nuts, preferably pecans
- hot fudge
Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 13x9 pan.
- In large bol, combine cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 T. (1/2 cup) melted butter, and stir until well blended. Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- In stand mixer or with hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs and cocoa powder. Lower the speed of the mixer, and add the powdered sugar. Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed. Slowly add the remaining 8 T. (1/2 cup) of melted butter and vanilla. Continue to beat the mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.
- Let cake cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- Place scoops of ice cream interchangeably with brownie bites, cookie crumbs, nuts, and fudge. Mix together. (I didn't mix but just scooped out!) :D.