Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 mins
This batter can be refrigerated for an hour to firm it up before baking. An additional cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped of walnuts are also good in this soft and chewy cookie. From the American Profile section of the newpaper submitted by Jolene Hookie of David City, NE.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Dough will be very stiff. Add up to 1/4 cup water if needed. Form tablespoon-size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
My mom made these, and I begged for the recipe. They are guaranteed to satisfy a chocolate craving! I'll be making these soon!