Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This should satisfy that chocolate craving!
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, brown sugar, shortening, cocoa & eggs.
- Stir in chocolate chips & oats.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes or until set; remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately & allow to cool.
This recipe didn't work out at all for me. The dough was very dry and I had to add some extra shortening just for it to stick together. The dough didn't flatten out at all when I baked them , I got kind of baked round balls for cookies. And the Bisquick taste is very prominent in the cookies. Thanks for posting!