Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious cookie bars you can make ahead! Store airtight with wax paper between layers at room temp for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months. This is a favorite with my girls!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup miniature M&M baking bits
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting ends extend about 2 inches above pan.
- Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- FILLING: Microwave milk and chocolate in a 1-qt glass measure on high until steaming hot.
- Let stand 1 minute until chocolate melts and mixture is well blended and thickened.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Put next 5 ingredients in a large bowl: beat with mixer until fluffy.
- Add flour; beat just until blended.
- Stir in oats (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press 2/3 firmly over bottom of pan.
- Spread evenly with chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and the M&M's.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Lift foil by ends to cutting board.
- Cut into 48 bars.
I followed her recipe exactly, they came out o.k, but were too dry for my taste. I like a moister bar, I guess! But thanks for sharing!!