Recipe by Boomette
This recipe gives 24 big cookies. This recipe comes from the tv show A la Di Stasio.
Top Review by bill mayes
You love chocolate? Then you are about to die and go to chocolate heaven. This was easy easy easy and can easily be done by a beginner . I used both brown and white splenda and it was wonderful. I have had a least 1 dream about these morsels and can not wait for the next batch. I did cook them 5 minutes more than the recipe called for. I now pronounce them the best chocolate cookies ever. TA DA
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grilled nuts, roughly chopped (pecans, walnuts, cashews, macadam)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°F In a double-boiler, melt the first quantity of chocolate (7 ounce) and butter at low heat.
- With a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat well.
- Add melted chocolate and beat 1 minute.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Add to the chocolate mixture. Add the chopped chocolate and nuts. Fold delicately.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, put 2 tablespoon of mixture, leaving 1 1/2 inch between each cookies. Flatten lightly.
- Bake in the third part of the oven 9 to 11 minutes. The sides will be crunchy and the center still soft. Don’t cook the cookies too much because they will keep on cooking out of the oven, that way they will stay soft when cold. Let them cool a little bit before touching them, then cool completely on a rack.