Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Richer than most chocolate muffins. Recipe from Godiva.
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten,room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- FILLING: Place chocolate in bowl.
- In small saucepan, heat cream to boil.
- Pour over chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds to melt chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Scrape filling into small container and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze filling for at least 1 hour (or up to 3 days) or until firm.
- Remove filling from freezer.
- Divide filling into 12 portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball and place on plate.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and freeze truffles until ready to use.
- MUFFINS: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter 12 (3-inch) muffin cups.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Whisk together sour cream, egg, butter and sugar in medium bowl until combined.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; add sour cream mixture and stir with wooden spoon just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full.
- Place frozen truffle in center of each cup on top of batter.
- Spoon remaining batter into cups, making sure each truffle is covered.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into batter part of muffins comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan set on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from cups.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.