Recipe by Tisme
Decadent,delcious and divine. I saw this recipe being made on the sunrise programe and just had to try it. YUMMY! The recipe calls for Cherry Ripe Bars, I had trouble listing it as that, so it is listed as cherries, ripe bars.
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 (50 g) cherries, ripe bars chopped (to decorate)
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Line two 12-hole muffin pans with paper cases (1/3 cup capacity).
- Place chocolate and 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in a small pan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Sift flour, cocoa and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add warm chocolate mixture, remaining vegetable oil, milk, eggs and 1 cup of the Choc Bits. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
- Cook one tray at a time in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- To make topping, combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until mixture is smooth. Stand at room temperature until mixture is a spreadable consistency.
- Spoon topping over each muffinand decorate with chopped cherry ripe bars.