Recipe by KelBel
Whole wheat flour and high-fiber cereal are the goodies tucked in a chocolate-lover's sweet muffin. From the fiberOne.com Web Site.
Top Review by ShaGun
I had really high hopes for the recipe from the other reviews. I was kind of disappointed. I was hoping for something that tastes like a VitaTop Muffin. This doesn't. This was tasty, but it does taste healthy. It has a great texture for being healthy, though. It feels like you're eating a not-too-sweet, slighlty gritty chocolate cup cake. I would make this again.
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in oil and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.