Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Now...you're cooking!
Make and share this Double Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix lightly, just enough to moisten.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, and mix the rest into the batter.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle reserved white chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yummy, easy to make. Used dark compound chocolate chips instead of the white, and like Redsie cut the sugar down to 1/2 cup. Partner thought they weren't quite chocolatey enough, though he still really liked them.
I made these last night for a muffin basket for the church bakesale. I used mini chocolate chips instead of white chocolate. They were pretty tasty! & they made over a dozen.I followed the recipe exactly as written though.
Made these for Spring PAC 2008 - These were moist tasty muffins! Did lower the sugar - added about 1/2 cup. Also used 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce. Thanks Internut! :)