I'm posting this recipe for a friend and haven't tried it myself yet. I will have to soon, though - smooth chocolate mousse with crunchy bits of chopped chocolate sounds pretty good! Note that the recipe contains raw eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g semisweet chocolate (high quality)
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 29.58-44.37 ml lemon liqueur
- 1Chop up 1/3 of the chocolate (finely or coarsely, your choice!), set aside.
- 2Whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 3Separate egg whites and yolks. Whip yolks until light; in another bowl, whip egg whites until stiff.
- 4Melt the remaining 2/3 of the chocolate on top of a double boiler.
- 5Add the whipped egg yolks to the melted chocolate; stir to combine.
- 6Add whipped cream, chopped chocolate and lemon liqueur, stir.
- 7Carefully fold in whipped egg whites.
- 8Divide the mousse evenly among 4-6 individual dessert bowls and refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight. Garnish with mint or lemon balm leaves.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Mousse With a Touch of Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.2
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 39.2 g
- Cholesterol 289.0 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g