Recipe by Elana's Pantry
These cookies taste so good that I cannot stop eating them –they’re slightly addictive, so watch out! Link to the full post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/double-chocolate-mocha-cookies/
Top Review by Andrew Mollmann
Yummy! I was a little wary of making these after the first 2 star review so I only made half of a batch, but they turned out great! I used Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour and it worked fine, but it is a little gritty as you can see from the pics I uploaded. I added 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum to help hold them together. I didn't have any grapeseed oil, so I used canola. The recipe made 12 good sized cookies. As you can see from the pics, I couldn't resist eating one straight out of the oven. Delicious! Will make again, I love Elena's recipes! (I calculated the nutrition info per cookie: 158cal, 12g fat, 2.1g sat fat, 80mg sodium, 12.4g carbs, 2.1g fiber, 9.4g sugar, 2.7g protein)
- 2 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons organic decaf coffee, espresso grind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate, 73%
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry and then mix in chocolate drops (or chunks).
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool and serve.