Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A 'Chocolate Lovers' dream. :) Moist, chewy, quick to make. What more could we ask for? Toffee!!! I took the liberty of topping these gems off with a sprinkling of toffee bits. Whichever road you decide to take, the trip is very worthwhile. Another winner from the Company's Coming Cookbooks.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (or hard margarine)
- 2 eggs, large
- 3⁄4-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Skor English toffee bit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Greased and flour 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl.
- Whisk next 3 ingredients in medium bowl until combined. Add flour mixture. Stir well. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits if using.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre of brownie comes out moist but not wet with batter. Do not overbake.
Well, I tried these twice. The 1st time I was dissatisfied. I pretty much followed the recipe (no toffee bits), only instead of chocolate chips I used chopped bakers chocolate squares. They turned out okay, but dry and a bit flavourless (probably because of the dryness). The 2nd time, I upped the butter and cocoa a touch, used chocolate chips and upped those a tiny bit too, and I baked for about 12 minutes instead of 15. The second batch came out infinitely superior, with a soft chewy texture and even a little bit of that crackle look on the top. In short, it seems I like my brownies a bit more moist and a bit less well done (but then, I'll just eat batter, so consider the source ;) Thanks for posting!
These were good They taste wonderful..
My son adores Two Bite Brownies so, when I saw this recipe I knew I was making it right away. I left out the Skor Toffee bits as I didn't have them but these brownies are gems without the toffee bits. The batter is very thick so don't be surprised by that. I ended up with 28 mini brownies. Loved them and will make many more times I am sure. Made for the Snow Queen Comfort Cafe 2010. Thx a bunch Diana #2!