Recipe by PaulaG
For the true chocoholic! This was published in the local paper.
Top Review by dicentra
OH WOW!! These are excellent! I didn't think they were too sweet at all. I did forget the cinnamon, but they are very good without it. I also left out the walnuts. I used mini chocolate chips and was surprised when the didn't sink! Yay. The batter doesn't bubble like a regular pancake, so you have to watch carefully so you know when to turn them. Nice thick batter that turned into beautiful fluffy pancakes. Thanks! I'll be making these again!
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix, complete
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cocoa, sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk in water until large lumps disappear.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Allow the batter to rest for five minutes.
- Cook according to directions on the packaged mix.
- Serve warm with topping of your choice.