Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the true chocoholic! This was published in the local paper.
Make and share this Double Chocolate Mexican Brownie Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cocoa, sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk in water until large lumps disappear.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Allow the batter to rest for five minutes.
- Cook according to directions on the packaged mix.
- Serve warm with topping of your choice.
OH WOW!! These are excellent! I didn't think they were too sweet at all. I did forget the cinnamon, but they are very good without it. I also left out the walnuts. I used mini chocolate chips and was surprised when the didn't sink! Yay. The batter doesn't bubble like a regular pancake, so you have to watch carefully so you know when to turn them. Nice thick batter that turned into beautiful fluffy pancakes. Thanks! I'll be making these again!
Chocoholic is right! WOW! The chips add melted chocolate jy in each bite. May be too much for some adults- they are very sweet! Used nonstick spray under each pancake bc they do stick and they brown very fast so used a medium low temp. I topped with blackberry syrup and frozen berries- yum- kids added syrup which made them overly sweet! Great recipe for chocolate lovers!
i use these for my spanish parties at school all the time and people love them