Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the powdered sugar, cornstarch and cocoa. Set aside.
- In a metal mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the granulated sugar. Set this bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk until mixture is very warm and sugar dissolves. Be careful not to cook the whites. This may also be done over a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream of tartar and salt.
- Whip until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and vinegar while whites are whipping.
- Fold in the confectioners’ sugar mixture and chocolate chips.
- Drop by generously rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Cookies won’t spread. Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees F.