Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this in BHG and had to save it here so I didn't lose it - can't wait to make it.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark colored corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour six 1- to 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes or six 10-ounce custard cups. Place soufflé dishes or custard cups in a shallow baking pan and set pan aside. In a heavy small saucepan melt butter and semisweet chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare Praline Sauce, cover and keep warm until needed. In a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar, brown sugar and dark colored corn syrup. Stir in whipping cream. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Makes 1 cup sauce
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture on medium speed. Sift flour and cocoa over chocolate mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Divide batter evenly into prepared dishes or cups.
- Bake 10 minutes. Pull cakes out of oven. Using a small spatula or table knife, puncture top of each partially-baked cake and gently enlarge to make a dime-sized hole. Slowly spoon about 1 tablespoon Praline Sauce into center of each cake. Return cakes to oven. Bake 5 minutes more or until cakes feel firm at the edges.
- Cool in dishes on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Using a small spatula or knife, loosen cake edges from sides of dish or cup and slip cake out upright onto individual dessert plates. Stir 1/3 cup toasted pecan halves into the remaining Praline Sauce. If necessary, stir 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water into remaining sauce to thin. Spoon warm Praline Sauce on top of cakes. Top with pecan halves and sweetened whipped cream. Serve immediately.