1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Lava Babies
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Delicious little chocolate volcano cakes ready to erupt with praline lava. Better served warm. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 566.99 g package double chocolate brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 29.58 ml canola oil or 29.58 ml plain yogurt
- 177.44 ml water
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Toast chopped pecans in heavy skillet over MED-HI heat until lightly toasted.
- 3Remove and toast pecan halves. Remove and set aside.
- 4Lightly grease and flour six 10-oz custard cups or 12 regular-sized cup muffin pan. Place custard cups in a shallow baking pan and set pan aside.
- 5Prepare Brownie Mix as indicated for cake-like brownies.
- 6Divide batter evenly into prepared cups. (Bake any leftover batter as regular brownies.).
- 7Bake 10 minutes only.
- 8Meanwhile prepare Praline Sauce.
- 9In a heavy saucepan over LOW-heat Caramel Ice Cream topping.
- 10Or make recipe:77540 by RitaL(if making from scratch, omit whipping cream).
- 11Stir in whipping cream.
- 12Cook about 1-3 minutes stirring constantly. Add chopped pecans. Blend.
- 13Remove brownies from oven.
- 14Using a small knife, puncture top of each partially-baked cake and gently enlarge to make a dime-sized hole.
- 15Slowly spoon about 1/2-1 tablespoon Praline Sauce into center of each cake.
- 16Return cakes to oven.
- 17Bake 5-8 minutes more or until cakes feel firm at edges.
- 18Cool in baking pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen edges from sides of cup and slip cake out upright onto individual dessert plates. Stir toasted pecan halves into the remaining Praline Sauce.
- 19If necessary, stir add 1/2-1 tablespoons hot water to remaining sauce to thin.
- 20Split cakes partially open; spoon warm Praline Sauce on top.
- 21Top with sweetened whipped cream and pecan halves. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Lava Babies
Serving Size: 1 (1313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.4
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 442.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g