Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious little chocolate volcano cakes ready to erupt with praline lava. Better served warm. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toast chopped pecans in heavy skillet over MED-HI heat until lightly toasted.
- Remove and toast pecan halves. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly grease and flour six 10-oz custard cups or 12 regular-sized cup muffin pan. Place custard cups in a shallow baking pan and set pan aside.
- Prepare Brownie Mix as indicated for cake-like brownies.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared cups. (Bake any leftover batter as regular brownies.).
- Bake 10 minutes only.
- Meanwhile prepare Praline Sauce.
- In a heavy saucepan over LOW-heat Caramel Ice Cream topping.
- Or make recipe:77540 by RitaL(if making from scratch, omit whipping cream).
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Cook about 1-3 minutes stirring constantly. Add chopped pecans. Blend.
- Remove brownies from oven.
- Using a small knife, puncture top of each partially-baked cake and gently enlarge to make a dime-sized hole.
- Slowly spoon about 1/2-1 tablespoon Praline Sauce into center of each cake.
- Return cakes to oven.
- Bake 5-8 minutes more or until cakes feel firm at edges.
- Cool in baking pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen edges from sides of cup and slip cake out upright onto individual dessert plates. Stir toasted pecan halves into the remaining Praline Sauce.
- If necessary, stir add 1/2-1 tablespoons hot water to remaining sauce to thin.
- Split cakes partially open; spoon warm Praline Sauce on top.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and pecan halves. Serve immediately.
This is a wonderful very rich dessert, I used Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping for the praline sauce and made my own Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies my chocolate-loving DS enjoyed this, thanks for sharing CC!...Kitten:)