Recipe by anitaschlom
This is a recipe I adapted from the Hershey's Kriss Kringle Fudge cookie recipe. I used the Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. The dough will be stiffer than the original and easier to work with. I think.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup hershey's cocoa or 1 cup special dark cocoa
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, sifted, for later
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir melted chocolate chips, butter and cocoa together. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda , salt and sugar. Mix til well blended. Add flour slowly as not to have a mess everywhere. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 300°F Use partchment paper on cookie sheets. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sifted powdered sugar. Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes until tops start to crackled appearance and are set. Remove whole sheet of paper with cookies on it to cool. Cool completely. Makes appox. 2 1/2 doz. Depending on how many you eat. LOL.