Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy and delicious treat to make. It is very popular with family and friends, including those that aren't big on sweets.
- 250 g butter, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup dark cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 pieces chocolate squares (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c (fan forced) and lightly grease a muffin tray.
- Place butter and sugar into a microwave safe container and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir throughout (but don't expect the sugar to dissolve, it won't).
- Meanwhile sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour in the butter mixture and gently mix with a whisk until well combined. Don't over mix. It will be ready it starts to come away from the sides of the bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray, filling to the top.
- Place a piece of your favourite eating chocolate in the centre of each muffin.
- Bake on centre or lower shelf of oven for 20-22 minutes until just firm. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tray.
- Enjoy! These can be served at room temperature,but are even better served warm with ice cream or whipped cream.